[R-SIG-Finance] Developing Markets Sovereign Debt -- World Bank

Jim Callahan jim.callahan.orlando at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 20:47:47 CEST 2010

> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 07:39:42 -0400
> From: "Timothy M. Ney" <tmney at columbus.rr.com>
> To: r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: [R-SIG-Finance] Developing Markets Sovereign Debt
>

> Hello to All.
>
> Has anyone had experience with accessing through quantmod,
> I am guessing that this woulb be via FRED, any data on
> developing world sovereign debt?

World Bank / Quarterly External Debt Statistics (QEDS)
http://go.worldbank.org/4GWXECHWY0

Left hand column:
SDDS/QEDS Data > Database Access

brings up screen...

QUICK QUERY
Tabbed form for selecting Country, Series & Time
Creates custom MS Excel or CSV files

In R:
help("read.csv")

====

For the macroeconomic context, you might check out Professor Ray
Fair's Multi-Country (MC) series of econometric models:
http://fairmodel.econ.yale.edu/main3.htm

In Dr. Ray Fair's US model:
"The federal government surplus (+) or deficit (-) (SGP) is the
difference between receipts and expenditures, which is defined in
equation 107:

107. SGP = RECG - EXPG"

I am not sure off-hand if their is a similar equation for each country
in the MC model.

HTH,
Jim Callahan
Orlando, FL