[R-SIG-Finance] R/Finance 2010 slides and follow-up

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 23 15:32:44 CEST 2010

On behalf of the R/Finance 2010 committee, we are happy to announce the
availability of presentations from the 2nd annual R/Finance conference in
Chicago.

This year's two-day conference attracted well over 200 participants from
across the globe. Academics, students and industry professionals enjoyed more
than 20 talks covering trading, optimization, risk management --- all using
R! Many of these presentations are now available for download at:latest

http://www.RinFinance.com/agenda/

You can help us build upon the success of R/Finance 2010 by taking a couple
of minutes to answer a few questions by visiting:

http://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFlNWlNyYWxkdTZXbmk2UmtwYWUwRkE6MQ

In addition to the program, we would like to pass along notes from two of our
core sponsors.  Revolution Analytics and OneMarketData have been kind enough
to provide information that may be of interest to those who were not able to
talk with them on-site.

On behalf of the  committee and our sponsors, we thank you  for making 2010 a
success!

See you again in 2011!

>From our sponsors:

** Revolution Analytics **
The Revolution R product family from Revolution Analytics is a
powerful platform for rapidly solving questions in quantitative
finance, econometrics and risk analysis. Revolution R excels not only
as a sophisticated and easy-to-use "What if?" prototyping tool, but
can significantly improve the performance of real-world applications.
It includes high-performance numerical methods, commercial support,
training, and developer tools that enhance the R language for both
rapid prototyping and production environments in quantitative finance
and risk analysis.  This web-page provides much more information on
using Revolution R in finance, including whitepapers, benchmarks and
software downloads:

http://info.revolutionanalytics.com/rfinance2010.html

** OneMarketData **
Thank you for helping make this year’s R/Finance conference such a
success!  We hope you found the presentations informative, and were
able to take away some valuable ideas and techniques that will improve
your use of R within financial risk management, analysis and trading.

To thank you for your participation, we invite you to learn more about
OneMarketData and the data management challenges present in
quantitative research. As such, we have created a dedicated R in
Finance Web page where you can access the full text of the “Data
Management Challenges for Quantitative Research” presentation by Maria
Belianina, PhD, as well as information on OneMarketData’s R
integration.

Please visit www.onetick.com/web1/R_in_Finance.php to access this
presentation and learn more about OneMarketData. For additional
information, please contact us at +1.201.710.5977 or info at onetick.com.

Thank you again for your time and support of the R community. We look
forward to speaking soon.

--
  Regards, Dirk