[R-SIG-Finance] !SPAM: Re: R on GPUs

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Jun 22 15:58:37 CEST 2010

On 06/22/2010 08:43 AM, Sergey Goriatchev wrote:
> I've seen Dirk Eddelbuettel's slides on high-performance R computing,
> where he mentions NVidia GPU and shows examples of code that runs on
> these GPUs.
> I am curious, is there anything for running R on ATI cards. These are
> the fastest mobile cards around so far (5870 in, say, Asus G73J).

There are emerging standards that will unify the API of the different
architectures.

If you look at the slides from R/Finance 2010 here:
http://www.rinfinance.com/agenda/

You can find information on the current state of the art, and plans to support
the new standards as they mature.

I think the answer right now is "no or limited support", but you'll get more
information from the slides than me.

Regards,

   - Brian

--