[R-SIG-Finance] Follow up on limit orderbook

Khanh Nguyen nguyen.h.khanh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:25:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions! We are hard at work :D but wanted to
follow up on a few points. In particular S3 vs S4:

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Patrick Burns <patrick at burns-stat.com> wrote:

> But I'm confused.  The Bioconductor code is all
> S4 and the genomics data they deal with is
> usually huge.

We too are confused! Our datasets will typically be ~1-2 gigabytes,
and we would greatly appreciate any comments to help us decide between
S3 and S4 for analyzing datasets of that size. Additionally,
suggestions as to the best way to read in large amounts of data would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Khanh & Andrew.