[R-SIG-Finance] Rbloomberg JavaAPI

Voss, Kent VOSSK at kochind.com
Tue Jun 8 21:41:08 CEST 2010

Ana,

Yes, when I downloaded the API from the Bloomberg website (not in the
terminal, but at:  http://about.bloomberg.com/software/index.html) it
put the jar file at "C:\blp\API\blpapi3.jar".  Now when I download it
from the terminal (WAPI <GO>), I downloaded the SDK (as opposed to the
BBComm and API Tools download from the website),  it has now put it in
the path "C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.3.1.1\lib\blpapi3.jar".  Either
way, I realized through your documentation that I could direct the
blpConnect() function to where the .jar file was, and that got it
working.

Thanks for your effort in converting the interface out of the
RDCOMClient interface, it is much cleaner and so far more reliable.

Kent