[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers - twsConnect error

Jonathan Shore jonathan.shore at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:57:32 CET 2010

Hi,

Well it looks like IB did it again (more transparent updates).  The
CLIENT_VERSION is now 46 rather than 45, so twsConnect() fails.   I looked
at what is currently in the google code project and still references 45.   I
tried locally adjusting CLIENT_VERSION to "46".   twsConnect() got further,
but then faulted at:

if (curMsg == .twsIncomingMSG$ERR_MSG) {
    if (!errorHandler(s, verbose)) ...
}

My TWS client is Build 901.8, Jan 20, 2010 1:17:05 PM.

Not sure if there is something other than the version number that needs to
be updated.  Hopefully there are no protocol changes.

Jonathan
--
http://tr8dr.wordpress.com/