[R-SIG-Finance] Live Algo Trading

tradetree stock at ancientsaturn.com
Thu Dec 24 05:55:48 CET 2009

I wanted to see if there are people using R and quantmod to trade live, or
only as an off-line tool for algorithm development?  I am evaluating
ActiveQuant and R to decide what to use for a live trading platform.  I am
coming from Tradestation and right now considering AQ and the IB interface.

It is very hard to find an overview of approaches and pros/cons for
automated trading.  Some people use AQ for the trading engine but do algo
development in R and quantmod.  Is this a recommended direction?