[R-SIG-Finance] Data service

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:15:50 CET 2009

One caveat.

I recall in their terms of service that automated retrieval is a no go.

http://www.eoddata.com/About/Terms.aspx

6. AUTOMATED DOWNLOADS
5.1 Our data is intended for download via our webpage. Automated
downloads through scripts or utilities is not permitted. Any attempt
to access our data in an automated manner using download utilities
will be blocked.

Though they are looking for API contributors.

This may be important to you as well (it is for me):

3. USE OF INFORMATION
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE. The User is permitted to store, manipulate,
analyse, reformat, print and display the EODData Information and use
the Services only for the User's personal use. In no event shall the
User publish, sell, lease, disseminate, retransmit, redistribute,
broadcast, circulate or otherwise reproduce, provide or permit access
to any EODData Information or the Services in any format to anyone.
Except as permitted by this clause, no User shall use any EODData
Information or any of the Services in or in connection with any
business or for providing a service to any person including without
limitation any securities, investment, accounting, banking, legal or
media business or enterprise or service.

Best,
Jeff

Jeffrey A. Ryan
jeffrey.ryan at insightalgo.com