[R-SIG-Finance] Problem with plot.xts

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:11:56 CET 2009

Pierre,

xts wasn't meant to include much in the way of graphics. quantmod was
designed for that.

For more complete standard graphical capabilities simply convert to zoo.

plot(as.zoo(x))

If there is a need at some point that can't be sufficiently addressed
with zoo or quantmod, it may be a good case for extending xts in that
direction, but for now the above alternatives are better.

Best,
Jeff