[R-SIG-Finance] download yahoo quotes using tseries get.hist.quote(), error 404

J Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:14:03 CET 2009

You may just be getting timed out by the yahoo servers, as they have
every right to throttle requests.

Try adding in Sys.sleep(1) between calls, as well as a try call.

getSymbols works on TEF.MC, though my testing is limited to ssh on an
iPhone so it is a bit limited.

getSymbols also does no processing of raw data by design. Post
download processing is better handled by tools in zoo/xts/R than
trying to wrap into getSymbols was the thinking.

Using ?merge.xts against a common time index would be the best way to
assure identical times across symbols.

Best,
Jeff

Jeffrey A. Ryan