[R-SIG-Finance] Data

J Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:54:20 CET 2009

Every day you have more than 300k equity option prices series. At EOD
frequency, that is 300k prices. At 1min intervals your looking at 120
million per day. You can see why it won't be free.

What sort of research are doing?  Do you need end of day?  Book data?
How much data?  A year, a day, 10 years.

You can use getOptionChain in quantmod to download delayed data from
yahoo, but that isn't historical.

With option data you'll find that you get what you pay for.

Best,
Jeff

Jeffrey A. Ryan
jeffrey.ryan at insightalgo.com