[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] Data

Luwingo cmdr_rogue at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:20:40 CET 2009

Hi Renato- option data is pretty valuable and somewhat complicated. It's
pretty unlikely that you will be able to find that data for free- especially
if you're looking for options on certain less liquid stocks. That said, the
CBOE has data that you can use, as do the CBOT, CME, and NYMEX. You probably
won't find that data too useful, though, since implied volatility data is
especially difficult to find for free. The best place you can find this data
is from any Bloomberg terminal. If you have one in your university, use that
to download the data onto a spreadsheet for use elsewhere.