[R-SIG-Finance] Add values to time series in DB directly

Josuah Rechtsteiner rechtsteiner at bgki.net
Thu Nov 19 15:32:41 CET 2009

Dear members of the mighty list,

I have a PostgreSQL DB as storage for some time series. I access the
DB from within R with TSPostgresql/TSdbi. Today I asked myself if it
is possible to update an existing TS in the DB with new data points
without having to load the whole time series into R first and then
replacing it in the DB.
I tried

TSreplace(x, con, append=TRUE)

but this did not work. After reading the vignettes and manuals of the
packages in use here without success, I thought I should probably
conjure up the mighty list...

Best,

Josuah