[R-SIG-Finance] Time series temporal disaggregation (or: going from low frequency to higher frequency)

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Oct 30 14:01:10 CET 2009

John,

Thanks for the pointers.  I'll certainly research this method.

It appears on first reading that the Chow-Lin method requires
multivariate indicator series to attempt to remove biases potentially
introduced by the higher frequency indicators.  Do I understand this
correctly?

If so, is the resulting series truly "unbiased", or are the biases
introduced by construction via the indicator, and then minimized by the
distribution of the residual?

Also, you would not be able to decompose a univariate series of annual
numbers, as I thought was proposed by the original poster in this
thread, without identifying indicators.  Correct?

Thanks again,

  - Brian