[R-SIG-Finance] how to use xts in setClass()

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Tue Oct 27 17:55:45 CET 2009

Wind a écrit :

> I am a little curious on your functional closures design plan. I know
> functional language such as OCaml or kdb+ are good for time series
> calcualtions.
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Jeff Ryan <jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> slightly less OO style in some sense) functional closures.  Yes
>> _functional closures_...

Grin...

Slightly off-topic: There's a binding allowing to embed R in OCaml.

	http://home.gna.org/ocaml-r/gettingstarted.en.html

And a debian package:

	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/topos/debian-ocamlr.html

A 0.2 version should be available in the coming month or so, with tricks
inspired from littler to avoid calling R CMD all the time. Hopefully the
whole stuff will be in Debian soon enough.

All the best,

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/