[R-SIG-Finance] QuantMod trading models docs?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 21:09:46 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,

The following thread is a good start in terms of why the functionality
of specify/build/tradeModel in quantmod isn't quite capable of what
you want:

http://www.nabble.com/Backtesting-trade-systems-td24517282.html#a24517282

As Daniel points out, the blotter package makes some great strides in
the area, though from a more restrictive perspective than
'backtesting'...

Love to hear successes and failures, as well as any code you end up
with and would like to share with the list.

Best,
Jeff