[R-SIG-Finance] Static Portfolio Optimization

Adrian Trapletti a.trapletti at swissonline.ch
Mon Oct 5 10:28:36 CEST 2009

I agree with Patrick. I wrote tseries about 10(?) years ago and for
sure, it may be possible to improve it. Concerning the second point, it
is in fact highly non-trivial if not impossible to construct portfolios
that are "better" out-of-sample than naive portfolios. Raman Uppal from
the London Business School and other authors wrote several nice papers
about the subject. Googling I found the following one:

Best regards
Adrian

--
Adrian Trapletti