[R-SIG-Finance] Engle Granger test critical values

Guy Yollin guy.yollin at rotellacapital.com
Fri Oct 2 18:38:24 CEST 2009

Hi Reena,

If you're looking for residual based cointegration tests in R, you can use po.test in the package tseries or ca.po in the package urca.

If you're just looking for critical values for residual based cointegration tests, see table 10 here:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/faculty/jeremysmith/manual/statisticaltables.pdf

Or the classic Phillips Ouliaris paper available here:

http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/P/cp/p07a/p0746.pdf

Personally, I use the function ur.df from the package urca and the critical values from tables IIa/IIb/IIc from Phillips Ouliaris.

Hope this helps.

Best,

-- G