[R-SIG-Finance] what should I be reading?

Gower, Luke luke.gower at cba.com.au
Thu Oct 1 01:01:11 CEST 2009

I was not quite sure what specific problems interest you - whether options pricing, stat arb - or whatever. So I'm going to suggest something general: Ruey Tsay's book, Analysis of Financial Time Series'. Apart from covering a wide spread of topics, this is written with an S-Plus user in mind, so the analogy with R is close. In fact, I think there might even be a CRAN R package that translates the book's examples into R.

Another one that is seriously worth a look is 'Introduction to Wavelets and Other Filtering Methods in Economics and Finance', by Whitcher et al. The book is available in one of the R packages on wavelets. Quite a few of the examples relate to FX.