[R-SIG-Finance] access to real time market data

Cedrick Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Wed Sep 9 16:45:51 CEST 2009

The one service that was reasonably good for this was Opentick. They're
no longer around, thus taking down 'opentick' package as well.

RBloomberg, yes, you need a BBG subscription. The base price jumped from
$1800/seat/mo to $1900 last Dec. Realtime equities data is extra.

IBrokers, yes, you need to have an account... A couple of colleagues I
know who can't quite go for the 1900/mo bloomy opened a IRA with IB and
just pay the non-pro mkt data fee per month for US Equities. That may be
the best way to go.

-c