[R-SIG-Finance] For pricing Bond Library ?

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Jul 24 14:46:48 CEST 2009

spencerg wrote:
> Hi, Dirk:
>
>      Will Quantlib now support the Nelson / Siegel / Svensson and
> spline models for the term structure of interest rates, as does the
> "termstrc" package (and as documented in the companion paper, Ferstl
> and Hayden 2008 "Zero Coupon Yield Curve Estimation with the Package
> termstrc" http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1307149)?
The quantlib library which RQuantlib wraps includes log-linear
interpolation for term structure.  I think that the "termstrc" package
will remain an important part of the toolkit for anyone working in with
fixed income instruments.  I've also used the "CreditMetrics" package as
part of developing default scenarios for corporate credit.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson