[R-SIG-Finance] financial series: waveslim, brainwaver, wavetresh and fractal

stvienna wiener stvienna at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:19:54 CEST 2009

Hello Spencer,

thank you for your reply.

I tried to install the package "WaveCGH" today, however I got an error.

> install.packages("WaveCGH")

In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘WaveCGH’ is not available

Its somehow strange, because on the R-Website:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/WaveCGH/

It is written:
"Package ‘WaveCGH’ was removed from the CRAN repository."

So I think the possibilities are:
a) the package was remove from CRAN
b) there are some dependencies. But I installed the newest R version!
c) I spelled the package wrong (e.g. small/capital letters )

Do you have maybe an idea?

Currently I am planning to use the following packages:
  library(R.utils)

  library(tseries)
  library(wmtsa)        #Wavelets
  library(waveslim)     #Wavelet Correlation
  library(brainwaver)   #Wavelet Correlation

  library(QRMlib)       # time series plotting

   library(wavethresh)  # wavelet thresholding
   library(CVThresh)    # wavelet thresholding

Any suggestions welcome ;-)

Regards,
Steve