[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics - Error in UseMethod("time<-")

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 13:23:39 CEST 2009

This seems to cause the problem:

library(PerformanceAnalytics)
library(fPortfolio)
example(charts.PerformanceSummary)

whereas this works (same statements different order):

library(fPortfolio)
library(PerformanceAnalytics)
example(charts.PerformanceSummary)

It appears that fPortfolio or one of the associated rmetrics packages
is masking time<-.zoo.  I suspect an S4 problem either with S4 itself
or with the implementation in rmetrics.

At any rate the workaround seems to be to load PerformanceAnalytics
after fPortfolio rather than before.

> packageDescription("PerformanceAnalytics")$Version
[1] "0.9.7.1"
> R.version.string
[1] "R version 2.9.1 Patched (2009-07-01 r48886)"
> packageDescription("fPortfolio")$Version
[1] "2100.77"