[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] Creating a VCEM data generating process

RON70 ron_michael70 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 28 22:24:34 CEST 2009

Thanks Statquant for this reply, however it is still not clear. Suppose I
have following theoretical DGP :

deltaY[t] = alpha + PI * Y[t-1] + A1 * deltaY[t-1] + A2 * deltaY[t-2] + A3 *
deltaY[t-3] + epsilon[t]

Next suppose, I have chosen some particular matrices as coefficient matrices
and taken them as population value. However how can I make it sure that DGP
has some unit root, with those arbitrarily chosen coef. matrices? My finding
was that, if I chose some arbitrary matrices and then solve the ch.
equation, I do not get some solutions as 1 and rests are outside the range
[-1, 1].

The steps that I thought of are :
1. Choose some matrices for alpha, PI, A1, A2, A3 (I need to find those!!!)
such that ch. equation gives some roots as "1" & rests are outside the range
[-1, 1].
2. Generate 1,000 realizations each with size 100 (say)
3. For each realization, re-estimate the coefficients.
4. Analyze the distribution of the coef.

Someone might find it as homework, however it is not. Currently I am
studying Lutkepohl and some asymptotic dist. are discussed here. I want to
get some empirical match.

Any idea?