[R-SIG-Finance] Download and parse CME data

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Jun 17 15:11:33 CEST 2009

I believe that the best approach to this will be to create a getSymbols
call for quantmod to minimize the amount of "infrastructure" work
needed.  This should be just a few lines of code in a getSymbols.CME
function.  I'm sure Jeff would include such a function in future
releases of quantmod.

I think that the other business wrappers on when to download, and how to
automate that download, are not really a problem for inside R, and will
likely vary significantly from shop to shop.  If the data is retrievable
via getSymbols, each individual or firm should be able to adapt the
timing to their needs.  Certainly it would be easy enough to write a
sample R batch file that would do the download that could be run via
cron or a similar task scheduler.

Regards,

  - Brian

--