[R-SIG-Finance] CQG Gateway for R

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Jun 16 17:39:04 CEST 2009

Does anyone have information on a CQG gateway for R like RBloomberg
provides?

Alternately, can the RBloomberg COM client connect to COM on a remote
machine?  We have a Bloomberg server license but only a limited number
of terminals, so we have access to the data, but I'd like to avoid
having to write a custom importer from our database right now if I can
avoid it.

It seems as though it should be possible to access a remote COM server
using the COMCreate function (*thus the D in DCOM), as long as you have
user permissions on that machine.  Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

   - Brian

--