[R-SIG-Finance] portfolioFrontier nonsense

Bengoechea Bartolomé Enrique (SIES 73) enrique.bengoechea at credit-suisse.com
Mon Jun 15 09:32:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is perfectly possible, depending on the data. For example, optimizing with 6-months data at the beginning of this year with indexes representing major world asset classes would give you an efficient frontier with negative slope (as return increases, risk decreases), as the only asset class with positive returns was money-market.

Enrique

Message: 18