[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] determine non-linear correlation

manulemalin junkmanu at free.fr
Sat Jun 6 15:21:44 CEST 2009

things are not that easy
in your example, your data are non stationnary

( it should be clearer if you have a look at the unit roots of your model(s)
)

as already said, having a look at cointegration can be a good start

moreover, ( as already said!), there is not ONE function to determine
nonlinearity; it's up to you to determine, and test, the kind of your
nonlinearities
if you have got no idea / your nonlinearities, you can use nonparametric
modelling, which can work, for instance with neural networks, as a black box
( which can also be misleading...)

hope it helps

regards

manu