[R-SIG-Finance] intraday data for VIX?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun May 24 21:22:48 CEST 2009

      I have no direct experience with this myself, but you can get some
data from Bloomberg for free.  However, professional traders routinely
pay for essentially instantaneous Bloomberg data.  I could not find
anything mentioning rates, but I remember hearing a number like $1,700
per month for a single Bloomberg station.  I presume that you could get
"tick" data, which is a record of every trade milliseconds after the
transaction completes.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer