[R-SIG-Finance] Chi-sq Hausman test---R vs Stata

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon May 18 16:27:37 CEST 2009

      When different methods give different answers for ostensibly the
same problem, it suggests that there is a difference in assumptions or a
bug.  I suggest you write down the different models and try to
understand what is different about them that might give different results.

      If this procedure does not lead to enlightenment, please submit
another post but include commented, minimal, self-contained,
reproducible code, as suggested in the posting guide
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

      If you'd like to see what else is available in R, you might try
"RSiteSearch.function", something like the following:

library(RSiteSearch)
Hausman <- RSiteSearch.function('Hausman')
HTML(Hausman)

ptsr <- RSiteSearch.function('panel time series regression')
HTML(ptsr)

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves