[R-SIG-Finance] great conference and a question

Rowe, Brian Lee Yung (Portfolio Analytics) B_Rowe at ml.com
Mon Apr 27 20:44:36 CEST 2009

If you want the returns for the underlying index constituents, you can
also use some functions in tawny that do this for you (leverages
quantmod under the hood):

h <- getPortfolioReturns(getIndexComposition('^DJI'), obs=100,
reload=TRUE)

The getIndexComposition method retrieves index data from Yahoo! (if it
exists). It works for most major indices, although their service is at
times unreliable.

Brian