[R-SIG-Finance] zoo: bug / feature replacing coredata - subsetting by dates

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 08:16:53 CEST 2009

This won't work at all in xts.

While the indexing in xts is time-aware (as opposed to simply ordered
like zoo), the internals make use of POSIXct time, which chron does
not map to well.

Gabor is correct in that absent another indexing class, this is simply
a fundamental R issue.  I would advise not using chron, as Date would
be a better fit to daily data in this case.

Jeff

PS.  To clarify, I am merely a developer with the zoo project, Achim
and Gabor are the "authors".