[R-SIG-Finance] [Google Summer of Code 2009] Hi from a student

Khanh Nguyen knguyen at cs.umb.edu
Fri Apr 24 18:58:04 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I am writing to introduce myself. I am Khanh Nguyen, one of the accepted
student for this summer Google Summer of Code. My mentor is Dirk
Eddelbuettel. Our project this summer is to extent the current RQuantLib
package. We aim to cross quantlib's fixed income portion to R by adding
corresponding wrapper functions. An abstract of my proposal is here
http://www.r-project.org/soc09/index.html. I also attached my full version
if you are interested about the project.

We're finalizing the scope of the project, i.e decide explicitly the set of
functionalities to implement. We'd love to hear any suggestions from users.
If you use both R and quantlib, what are things in quantlib you'd like to
see available in R? A few examples of RQuantlib is here
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rquantlib.html

Thank you very much for your time. I'm very excited about this coming
summer. I look forward to work and learn from you.

Sincerely,

Khanh Nguyen