[R-SIG-Finance] Opentick Gone

Cedrick Johnson cedrickj at cavengerllc.com
Mon Apr 13 09:00:38 CEST 2009

In case anyone missed it...looks like opentick has finally shut their
doors while I was on vacation the month of March. I wonder how similar
the new offering will be to the previous API they had....

 From their website:

3/16/2009

  To opentick subscribers, friends, supporters, contributors and the
  rest of the community...

It has been quite a journey for opentick, and for those of you who have
been with us for the ride we cannot thank you enough for the support,
contributions and guidance you have given us over the course of the last
5 years. We could not have come as far as we have without you.

However, we are sad to say that the time has come for us to close the
doors for opentick. However, this isn't goodbye. In fact, it's a new
beginning. We will be introducing a fresh service with all the bells and
whistles we've been slaving on over the course of the last year under a
new name, a new website and a new level of service. Check back here in
the near future for more information about the forthcoming new company
and service. Of course amongst all these changes, there are some things
that will remain the same - we still aim to provide a reliable free
market data service, with an open architecture for a wide range of
software platform support.

*If you are a current paying subscriber, this March billing cycle will
be your final billing cycle; at your next billing date service will be
terminated. If you are a delayed or historical data user not currently
paying for service, your account will be deactivated as of Friday, March
20th.*

Sincerely,
opentick Staff

/One day, we shall come back. Yes, we shall come back. Until then, there
must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your
beliefs, and prove to us we are not mistaken in ours./