[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] yahoo historical data quality

gug guygreen at netvigator.com
Sat Apr 11 05:41:25 CEST 2009

As an additional comment: you will see data errors even with paid data
services.  I have seen errors with historic prices from Reuters and also
with Thomson (prior to them being the same company).  With both of these
data providers, the data was from paid (professional-level) services.

Incidentally the only service that I have seen that has historical market
cap data (i.e. able to give a time series of historic # shares as a separate
data item) is Datastream, also now a Thomson product.