[R-SIG-Finance] yahoo historical data quality

James Toll james at jtoll.com
Fri Apr 10 20:32:14 CEST 2009

Andy et al.,

I have a question that's really an extension/amalgam of your question
regarding the quality of Yahoo historical data with regard to the
market capitalization data you were inquiring about last week
(Specifically, I'm interested in outstanding and floated shares).
Given that it's free data, one can't be overly critical, but have you
found Yahoo's market cap data to be both accurate and timely?  I don't
have a reference to compare the data to, so I'm unsure.

Thanks,

James