[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] help: yahoo special tags

gug guygreen at netvigator.com
Fri Apr 3 16:25:41 CEST 2009

How many stocks/sectors/industries are you looking for data on?

I don't believe that the Yahoo tags include sector or industry information,
but there are other pages within Yahoo which have that data, including the
ability to download lists of stocks for a specific industry into Excel.

If you're trying to do it for the entire market, this is probably not
workable, but if it is for specific sectors or stocks, have a look at these
sector & industry pages:

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/
http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/ind_index.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/p/776conameu.html