[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod package using "convert.time.series" function

Tom H tom at limepepper.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 19:37:35 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 13:04 -0500, Jeff Ryan wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> The function is internal to quantmod, as such undocumented and ugly :)

Ah right, I am still new to R.

So its suggests a quick question, which I am sure further reading of the
documentation will resolve, however I am hoping to short-cut reading all
of that pdf today ;-)

Question: I am making a quick change to the getSymbols.MySQL to support
my database layout of choice, which is a single table with a symbol
field.
Is there any way to temporarily add my getSymbols.MySQL <- function() to
the the quantmod package/namespace? It seems I can reference the
internal function directly with quantmod:::convert.time.series() but I
would prefer some sort of namespace("quantmod") to add my function to
quantmod while I am doing some messing about on it?

Thanks,