[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] Plot TS-matrix as a surface

Adams, Zeno Zeno.Adams at ebs.edu
Thu Feb 26 13:42:54 CET 2009

I usually use the wireframe() function from the lattice package. I think it is more comfortable to use than persp() and has more intuitive inputs. The wireframe() function requires the value of the third variable (or function) in the (ith, jth) element of your matrix.
For example if you want to plot the likelihood function for two parameters p1 <- c(0.5, 1, 1.5, 2) and p2 <- c(-0.3, 0, 0.3, 0.6, 0.9) then the matrix mat is 4x5 and the [3,2] element of mat contains the value of the likelihood function when p1 is 1.5 and p2 is 0.