[R-SIG-Finance] Bond valuation

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:12:52 CEST 2008

I thought duration varied with market interest rates, time to
maturity, coupon rate and the affect of any embedded options in the
bond as in the formulas cited on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_duration

Specifically the section on Macaulay duration & effective duration

To the question, I know of no R packages that provide a function to
calculate duration.  Maybe fBonds will when released.

Paul