[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod data from FRED and Yahoo

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:09:52 CEST 2008

Hi Shlomo,

The FRED data is only available as DEXJPUS, see
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/categories/94

Try:

getSymbols("DEXJPUS",src="FRED")

you could also fetch from oanda, though that is a slightly different
data periodicity.

getFX("USD/JPY")
 --or--
getFX("JPY/USD")

As far as the second issue, I am not too sure myself.  Try updating
quantmod, or attaching your sessionInfo() output.  It isn't likely to
be quantmod per se, I would guess it has something to do with your
locale...

Please post as much information about your install as possible (and
requested in the posting guide).

Jeff