[R-SIG-Finance] Seasonal GARCH

chalabi at phys.ethz.ch chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 7 16:46:58 CEST 2008

Hi Irma,

After reading the previous post, I think there is some confusion about
what parameters you want to estimate. So I hope I will not add more
confusion out there.

As far as I understand your question, you want to estimate a GARCH(5,0)
and keep all alpha parameters fixed in the optimisation except
alpha_{t-5}.

Currently in garchFit you can only fix the parameters of the conditional
distribution (include.skew, include.shape), the mean equation
(include.mean) and the delta of an APARCH model (include.delta).

We plan to add the ability to fix any parameters in the optimisation for
a future release.

best regards,
Yohan

Currently it is not possible to fix parameters

--

The 2nd International R/Rmetrics User and Developer Workshop ...
[http://www.rmetrics.org]