[R-SIG-Finance] Framework for VAR allocation among traders

elton wang ahala2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 15:37:14 CET 2008

For example, if underlying is a t distribution with
DOF=4, then kurtosis does not exsit. Any sample
kurtosis (with any cleaning tech or not) would be a
false stat of underlying didstribution.
How can you rule out this possibility of underlying
distribution?

http://www.gloriamundi.org/detailpopup.asp?ID=453055537