[R-SIG-Finance] Framework for VAR allocation among traders

elton wang ahala2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 14:00:04 CET 2008

Brian,
I have a question on your paper:
If you use skewness and kurtosis in the VaR
calculation, you want to make sure:
1. these are exist if the underlying distribution is
non-normal.
2. your sample skewness and kurtosis is good estimates
of true skewness and hurtosis.

In part 5 you discussed the Robust estimation but it
could be stronger argument IMHO. For example, do you
have convergence/sensitivity analysis on estimated
skewness/kurtosis results for your cleaning method?

Thanks,

E wang

http://www.gloriamundi.org/detailpopup.asp?ID=453055537