[R-SIG-Finance] Financial Basket Options

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 12:24:36 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

As promised I am enclosing my implementation of
Longstaff-Schwartz algorithm for valuation of
(American) Basket option by Monte Carlo.

Let me note that this is a very preliminary attempt
and I am posting this just in case it may be useful to
some people. It is in no way even close to production
quality code.
I do not check for error conditions; polynomial
regression is implemented using all degree 3
polynomials in all the variables etc.

Feel free to ask me any question about the code (but
do not expect me to defend it...).

The code consists of 4 files (3 of which could have
been united into one file): AmericanBasket.R (code for
American Basket option), EuropeanBasket.R (code for
European Basket option), SomePayoffs.R (an example of
two simplest payoffs) and Read.Me (some explanations).

Let me note that current implementation is not
suitable for path-dependent options.

Best regards,

Moshe.