[R-SIG-Finance] Non-gaussian (L-stable) Garch innovations

Christopher G. Green (L) cggreen at u.washington.edu
Tue Dec 25 21:16:55 CET 2007

The alpha-stable distribution for \alpha = 2, "scale" parameter \gamma = 1
and location parameter \delta = 0 is a normal distribution with mean 0 and
variance 2:

> x <- seq(-2, 2)
> pstable(x, 2, 0)-pnorm(x, 0, sqrt(2))
[1] 0 0 0 0 0
attr(,"control")
   dist alpha beta gamma delta pm
 stable     2    0     1     0  0

cg

Christopher G. Green (cggreen AT stat.washington.edu)
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Statistics, Box 354322, Seattle, WA, 98195-4322, U.S.A.
http://www.stat.washington.edu/cggreen/