[R-SIG-Finance] Analysis of Financial Time Series

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Dec 19 12:39:36 CET 2007

Spencer Graves wrote:
>       I'm currently developing an R companion to Ruey Tsay (2005)
> Analysis of Financial Time Series, 2nd ed. (Wiley), and I'd be pleased
> to have help.

Spencer, I am very pleased to hear that you are making progress in this,
as it is important work that many students, professionals, and
researchers will benefit from.

I'm wondering if you've made a table of the examples or chapters and the
specific topics or techniques employed in each.  I think that there are
many people on this list who have expertise in specific techniques, as
you suggest below.  I think that categorizing the examples by goal or
technique could help enlist aid from this group, as individuals could
choose a small number of examples that use a technique that they are are
either already expert in in R, or a technique which they wish to learn
in greater detail.

I'm traveling right now, and my copy of Tsay is at home, but I would be
happy to help construct such a cross-reference table if it doesn't
already exist.

Regards,

    - Brian