[R-SIG-Finance] Statistical Analysis of Financial Data in S-Plus

ngottlieb at marinercapital.com ngottlieb at marinercapital.com
Wed Oct 10 16:32:45 CEST 2007

Dan:

I glanced at the referenced book you mentioned, seems to cover, based on
Table of contents,
Appropriate material.

Also on Amazon found this book which has some good stuff too
specifically
Referencing specific modeling such as Barra.
http://www.amazon.com/Modeling-Financial-Time-S-PLUS%C2%AE-Zivot/dp/0387
279652/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/104-4888076-6520702

There really is no one book that fits it all, so I tend to build a
reference library of books.

Of course the primary book that is important to use S is Brian Ripley
and Venables book,
"Modern Applied Statistics with S-Plus", commonly referred to as MASS.

Another good book is Ruey S. Tsay's book, " Analysis of Financial Time
Series", also available
On Amazon.

Last it would behoove you to obtain a book such as Prof William Sharpe's
book on Investments.
http://www.amazon.com/Investments-6th-William-Sharpe/dp/0130101303/ref=s
r_1_4/104-4888076-6520702?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192026000&sr=1-4

He is one of the best writers in this area of finance and makes the
subject matter approachable.

Good Luck! :)
Neil