[R-SIG-Finance] Black -Litterman Model

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Oct 9 19:41:19 CEST 2007

ngottlieb at marinercapital.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Black Litterman Model for Optimization has been
> implemented in R?
>
> If in S would help also, and if in S how mushc would be involved in
> converting into an R package?

Black Litterman option pricing is certainly implemented in R.

However, I *think* you are talking about the extended Black Litterman
models often applied to CAPM portfolio optimization.  I am not aware of
anyone publishing code for an extended Black Litterman portfolio
optimization model in R.  I've looked at it a couple of times, but never
implemented it.

In the future, it would help if you would cite a reference that you are
using as the basis for your question (web page, book, paper, etc.).  It
would help list members to evaluate your request.

Regards,

   - Brian