[R-SIG-Finance] Bloomberg: Polygon with color transition

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:10:36 CEST 2007

> thanks for your reply. Can you just explain in more detail how this works? I
> know the SVG packages, but I have no idea how to implement a graphic like on
> bloomberg. Maybe you can give me a short example if it's not too
> time-consuming?

I am busy right now, but perhaps this quick help works ;)

* Plot your data with R using the polygone like here (code on this
page as well): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:VaR_graph.png
* save it as a SVG
* add by hand a gradient (
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradient_(Grafik) ) eg with Inkscape. I
think that you cannot do this directly with the SVG package.

If you need further help, let me know, perhaps I find some time on the weekend.

BTW: Did you study TM in Vienna?
Best
Thomas